Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Reflection on my Group's Video Project.

Reflect on your group video project. What worked well? Where could you have improved? How would you approach this differently next time? What skills will you take away with you from completing this project?

What worked well in my group’s video project was that we had everything planned out.  It was also nice that I had some video experience because I worked for the football team filming their practices and games.  Another thing that worked well was that I cut the film because it came into Windows Movie Maker as one big file.  As I was working on that, my partner, Sam was looking for music we could add to the film and wrote them down.  This made it very easy to do later on once the movie was completely cut.

I think we might have been able to improve our movie by adding voice to the video instead of having just music.  The other thing that could have improved the video and it would have taken us less time to do was to, write all the steps down to do certain things to the movie and adding the sound.  The cutting of the movie was fine, but once we got to the music we had to do some trail and error.  If we would have written the steps down it would have been easier to do and maybe faster. 

I would approach this differently next time by making the video a bit more comical.  Many people like comical things, so I believe that is the best way to make a movie enjoyable and informative.

The skills I will take with me from completing this project is how to cut and add music to the film.  I believe that students will love doing these themselves in the upper elementary and higher education because I had fun doing it.  If the teacher has fun and shows the students how much fun it could be, I think the students will think it is fun as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment